Chase is giving everyone who opens a new Chase Total Checking account a $200 bonus. Here is everything you need to know to qualify for this latest Chase Bank checking account offer.
- Product: Chase Total Checking
- Offer: $200 New Account Bonus
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration: 4/19/2023
- How: Open a Chase Total Checking account online through the special offer page or at a branch with the emailed personalized coupon code requested from the offer page. Then make a direct deposit of any amount to your new account within 90 days. You will get your $200 bonus within 15 business days after your direct deposit is received
Total Checking $200 Bonus Offer Details
Chase Bank is offering eligible customers a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking account and make a direct deposit to the account within 90 days of account sign-up.
The Chase Total Checking account is Chase’s most popular checking account product in their consumer lineup. As a Chase customer, you get access to over 16,000 ATMs and 4,700 bank branches at the nation’s largest bank.
Additional features you get with Chase Total Checking include a free debit card, free online banking, free bill pay, mobile banking, and overdraft services.
How to Apply for the Chase $200 Bonus Offer
To get the new account bonus from Chase, you can visit the offer page to:
- Apply directly online, or
- Request a personalized coupon code sent to your email that you can take to a local branch
Once the new Chase Total Checking account is open, you need to make a qualifying direct deposit to the account within 90 days.
Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck from your employer, a pension, or a government benefit provider such as Social Security. Person-to-person payments are not considered a direct deposit for this offer.
There is no minimum direct deposit amount required to receive this bonus offer.
Once the requirements are met, the Chase Total Checking $200 Bonus will be deposited into your account within 15 business days.
Who Is Eligible for the $200 Total Checking Bonus
This bonus offer is available to you if you meet any of the below criteria:
- Are not an existing Chase checking customer
- Have not had an account closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years
- Have not received another new checking account bonus within the last 2 years
- You must keep your new Chase Total Checking account open for at least six months. If your account is closed by you or Chase within six months of opening, the bonus payment will be deducted from your account at closing.
Are There Any Account Fees
The Chase Total Checking account has a monthly service fee of $12. You can waive the monthly fee by meeting any of the following conditions during each statement period:
- Receive direct deposits of at least $500 from a payroll or government benefit provider through ACH, the Real Time Payment network, or a third-party service that makes payments to your debit card using the Visa or Mastercard network.
- Keep a minimum daily balance of at least $1,500 in your Total Checking account
- Have a daily balance of at least $5,000 in any linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, or other personal investment account balance
For other fees and terms for this account, you can check out the Chase Total Checking account guide.
I’ve been a Chase Bank customer since Washington Mutual was acquired by JP Morgan Chase. Chase has since grown to be the largest bank in America with almost 5,000 branches and a free ATM network of over 16,000 ATMs.
Customers who prefer to do their banking by visiting a brick-and-mortar location to speak to a teller or by ATM will like the convenience as there is likely to be a Chase branch or ATM nearby. I’ve used their banking services from the east coast to the west coast when traveling.
The Total Checking account from Chase is their current most affordable checking account with the lowest daily or average balance requirements to waive the monthly fee.
New customers who open a Total Check account between now and 4/19/2023 can sweeten the deal with the $200 bonus. Who doesn’t like free money with minimal hoops to jump through? This is one of the highest offers I’ve seen for this particular product.
The drawback with the Total Checking account is like many other local banks; Chase does not pay interest on account balances.